Last night we attended the evening service. Adam, Austin, Verity, Kim and I got a chance to share our testimonies. Once again, everyone did a great job.
This morning was day one of VBS. About 80 kids under 12 showed up, and there were a number of older students around to help. Everything went great. Kim, Josh, Adam, Heidi and Tori did a great job with the opening bug skit (our theme is Bug Safari). All the kids were wonderful and really seemed to enjoy the activities and stories. I'm sure we'll have even more kids tomorrow!
After lunch, we played volleyball with some of the youth. (This is one game we can all beat them at!) It got very hot, so us wimpy Americans came back to the hotel while the Costa Ricans kept playing.
Tonight at 6 we have our first English class. Pray for a good turnout and for relationships to be formed between some of the church members and non-church members.
Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. It helps a lot!
ps-Be sure to check out the Mexico team blog and keep them in your prayers, too! The link is on the right-->
Good job Tori (and the whole drama team) on the skit! Love you, Sisters!
ReplyDeleteSorry, that was from Taryn :)
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how much it means to us to see the pictures and hear the updates. It makes us feel like we are apart of the program. I was awake from 1am to 4:30am this morning and couldn't sleep so.....I prayed for everything my mind could think of regarding the Costa Rica Team and the Mexico Team. So many people are praying on your behalf and it's great to hear how God is using all of you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being such great servants of the Lord and allowing Him to use each of you.
I love the texts Annie...It was a bright spot in my day. We're praying that it stops raining before English Camp.
Enjoy the beans Annie!!!!
Love,
Barb
What a great turnout for the first day-that is awesome! Looks like the kids are loving it! We are praying for the English classes as they are probably going on right now. God bless you guys for all you work.
ReplyDelete"your" work. (sorry...I was hurrying because I had something starting to get too done on the stove. :)
ReplyDeleteFour years of Spanish has finally come in handy, right Tori? Miss you and Verity, and praying for the whole team!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom & Dad (Paul & Terriann)